ALL RIGHT NOW
Hello Good People – David Taub here from Next Level Guitar. Tim and I are really stoked to bring our unique teaching techniques to you in Full Screen DVD format. We break down popular songs and make them simple and fun. With a little practice you can be playing the hits you love just like on the radio. Amaze your family and friends, join a band, have fun, and ROCK ON!
In this two-hour DVD I break down and explain in our easy to digest format the classic rocker ALL RIGHT NOW made famous by the classic band FREE. This is such a fun and fairly easy song to play and we will get you rocking out on this rocker very fast! This is the full on song lesson and when we say “full song lesson” we mean it. We teach ALL the song parts – intro, verses, rhythms, chorus, timing, strumming and picking techniques, chords and embellishments, full guitar solo, and more. Please we even orchestrate the song for one guitar and teach some bass and keyboard riffs too! You learn techniques as well as the song, so then you can blast them all across all your playing and practicing.
The song is broken down and explained and demonstrated at slow speed and regular speed. We break each section into digestible parts and we get you playing and rocking out in the fastest and most efficient manner. If you are familiar with our teaching methods you know that we take songs sections one at a time and break them down into smaller sections, explaining every piece as we go along. Then we show you how to tie everything together. We also have on screen text, multiple camera angles, and close ups of the fret hand to make the learning process even easier.
Keep in mind that this DVD is way more than just a song lesson. We help teach guitar by using popular songs as vehicles to get your playing to the next level. Below is the complete DVD menu and synopsis of all the lessons on this 2 hour DVD – feel free to email us any questions and rock on!
DVD Introduction – In this introduction I discuss the coming lesson format, how to navigate through the DVD, and also how we are going to piece the song together in easy digestible parts. This will help to get you playing this song in the fastest and most efficient manner. I also talk about the gear, amps, amp settings, effects, and tuning used in the DVD. I also talk about tone and how to gets the needed tones as far as guitar pickups, amp settings, gain/distortion levels, effects and effect levels. And also how to get a good tone as far as bass, mids, and treble settings.
Chord Library - In this section I take you in on a very tight shot on the neck and go over each chord that you will need to play in the song. You will see the chord names and fret numbers flash on the screen with our on-screen text. I also teach you chord playing techniques to get you playing and changing the chords in the fastest and most efficient manner. You will also learn the most efficient fingering to utilize to voice the chords, and how to switch from one to the next quickly in time. I also sprinkle in some music theory and also give you plenty of additional playing tips along the way in this section.
Song Structure & Practice Tips - In this section I discus how to go about navigating the DVD to learn the song in the fastest and most efficient manner. I go over the structure of the song’s verses, choruses, interlude, solo, outro, and how all the song parts attach to one another. As an added bonus I also give some killer practice tips and suggestions as you move forward in your guitar journey and how to go about practicing the material on this DVD for maximum practice time efficiency.
Verses & Chorus - this section is broken into two sub-sections, Verses Riffs and Chorus Riffs. In these sections you will learn to play all verses and choruses in the song. You will see all the chords and progressions with on-screen text to tie everything together and make learning fast and easy. I break down all parts into smaller sections and teach them in an easy to digest and learn manner. I demonstrate all the riffs you will be learning at both slow and regular speeds. While explaining the section I also teach the strumming and picking techniques, string muting, proper finger positioning, and how to cop the feel of the song utilizing these techniques. I also teach you how to connect these sections to other parts of the song and how to keep good time. All along I give you tips and tricks to make your playing easier. I also play through all the parts strung together slow, multiple times, so you can play along and we can practice together.
Guitar Solo & Practice Track - this section is broken down into three sub-sections:
1. Guitar Solo parts 1 and 2 - In these sections you will learn the complete guitar solo. Because the solo is so long I break the solo into two easy to digest pieces. You also learn the chords and rhythm played underneath the solo as well as the keyboard lines and bass riff in the interlude section. I break the solo down and teach it lick by lick at both slow and regular speeds with a tight shot of the neck – so you see all the action up close and personal. I also teach what fingerings work best for fluidity, and how to piece the entire solo together.
2. Whole Song Practice Track - In this section I play the entire song the whole way through at record tempo. This is a great practice tool as you only hear the just the guitar as I play the rhythms at record speed with on-screen text marking all the parts of the song. Here you can tie everything together rhythmically that you have learned to this point – what an invaluable practice tool! Play along with me and master this classic song!
Bonus Lessons - In this section you get three full on bonus lessons:
1. Hammer & Pull Off Lead Playing Lesson - In this bonus lesson I teach the proper techniques to use when executing hammer-ons and pull-offs. Up close shots of the neck give you a birds eye view of all the techniques as I explain the proper techniques in detail. I also discuss the common mistakes made when executing hammers and pulls. You also get a bunch of great exercises across the fretboard to work on your hammers and pulls to get them solid. These exercises will also build finger strength and finger dexterity. I also go over the proper techniques of string muting. String muting is such a critical aspect of your playing and will really clean up your sound and mute out all the notes you are not playing. This bonus lesson is packed!
2. Vibrato Technique Lesson - In this bonus lesson I teach all about vibrato technique. Along with string bending, vibrato can not only be one of the most expressive aspects to your lead guitar playing, but can also be your signature. Here I teach you how to make your vibrato sound even and smooth utilizing good technique and finger positioning. I discuss proper finger positioning and the technique of using other fingers for leverage and strength. With a strong vibrato it helps you to start taking notes and doing musical things with them – working the notes and going for it. I also go over the common mistakes made when implementing vibrato.
3. Spice Up The Minor Pentatonic Scale - In this bonus lesson I show you one way to spice up your minor pentatonic scales by adding the ninth note to the scale. What a great note to add to the scale as it really spices up the scale and adds unexpected color. I take you in on a tight shot of the neck and show you different ways to bend and slide to play off this cool extra note. I also discuss proper string bending and bending in pitch. So spice up that scale and rock on with this bonus lesson!