Made famous by Metallica
Hello Good People – David Taub here from Next Level Guitar.
In this two-hour DVD we break down and explain in our easy to digest format the thrash rocker BREADFAN made famous by Metallica. This is the full on song lesson and when we say “full song lesson” we mean it. We teach ALL the song parts – intro, verses, rhythms, breakdowns, riffs, timing, interlude, licks, full guitar solos, and more. You learn the techniques as well as the song, so then you can blast them all across all your playing and practicing.
The song is broken down and explained and demonstrated at slow speed and record speed. We break each song part section into digestible pieces and we get you playing and rocking out in the fastest and most efficient manner. If you are familiar with our teaching methods you know that we take songs sections one at a time and break them down into smaller sections, explaining every piece as we go along. Then we show you how to tie everything together. We also have on screen text, multiple camera angles, and close ups of the fret hand and pick hand to make the learning process even faster and easier.
This song is a feast for the lead guitar player with two killer solos. One real slow and melodic and one just blazing and ripping! And you will learn them both complete with every bend, hammer-on, and pull-off explained with an up close tight shot of the neck.
Keep in mind that this DVD is way more than just a song lesson. We help teach guitar by using popular songs as vehicles to get your playing to the next level. Below is the complete DVD menu and synopsis of all the lessons on this two-hour DVD. Feel free to email us any questions and rock on!
Intro & Verses - this section of the DVD is broken down into three lessons:
1. DVD Introduction - in this introduction we discuss the lesson format, the structure for the coming song lessons, and how to piece the song together in the fastest and most efficient manner. We also talks about the gear and tuning used in the DVD and how he gets the needed tones as far as guitar, pickups, amps, and effects. He discusses pickup and amp settings as well as different gain/distortion levels and effect levels.
2. Song Intro/Main Riff Section Lesson - in this section we teach the main riff of the song which is played in the song intro and several other times throughout the song. It’s a hugely important riff and totally killer! All song and riff examples are taught and demonstrated at slow and regular speed while on-screen text marks the parts easy to digest and play. Close ups of the fret hand make it easy to see all the action up close and personal as we go over all the riffs. We break the riff down into sections and give you practice tips for practicing each part separately and then puts them all together. You also get the 2nd guitar part in this section so if you have a 2nd guitar player in the band they can add the chordal part – or just play it as a one-guitar piece. Either way you will be rocking this riff fast and furious.
3. Verses Section Lesson - in this section we teach all verse sections of the song. We go over all the nuances and how many times you are playing each part. We break the verse riffs into two parts to make the riffs easy to digest and practice to get up to speed. We then show how to assemble the pieces together. Dynamics are a huge part of this song and we teach how to get the proper dynamics and nuances to nail the proper song vibe. All techniques and examples are played at slow and regular speeds with on-screen text to keep all the parts straight and close ups of the neck to get all the action up close and personal. You will also see the chord names and fret numbers flash on the screen with our on-screen text. Having this text makes learning even easier and ties it all together. Song structure is explained along the way so you can piece together all the song parts and begin practicing the song from start and eventually to finish.
Guitar Solo I - in this section we go over the entire first guitar solo. You will also learn the rhythm being played under the solo. This solo is a fast and furious feast for the lead guitar player. We teach each section of this solo in easily understandable pieces lick by lick. Each lick is broken down and played at slow and regular speeds as well as demonstrated and explained with a tight shot of the neck. So you see all the action up close and personal.
Breakdown - in this section we go over the half-time breakdown of the song that comes in right after the guitar solo. It’s a very cool section of the song utilizing hammer-ons, slides, palm-muting, and big power chords. We teach all the parts with up close shots of the neck and you will learn how to cop the feel of this section utilizing all the needed techniques.
Interlude - in this section we go over the entire song interlude. Here you will learn all the clean parts and cool chordal voicings that make this part of the song so dark and the perfect “soundbed” for the second guitar solo. There are some very cool arpeggiated chords, passing tones, droning, subtle whammy bar use and more in this passage. Plus learn the big build at the end and how to connect this section back into the main riff.
Guitar Solo II - in this section we go over the entire second guitar solo. This is a very bluesy, slow, and melodic solo with lots of feeling and string bending. Learn what scale the solo is taken from and how to go about piecing this solo together as we teach it lick by lick. We go over each section of the solo in easily understandable pieces for each and every lick. Each lick is broken down and played at slow and regular speeds as well as demonstrated and explained with a tight shot of the neck. So you see all the action up close and personal. We teach what fingerings work best for fluidity and how to hit those target notes when bending strings. We also explain all the techniques that make this solo cool – the heavy string bending, heavy vibrato, hammer-ons and pull-offs, slides, and more. This is a phenomenal piece of guitar work and you will be playing it just like the CD in no time. This solo is a melodic feast for the lead guitar player.
Song Outro, Practice Track, & Bonus Lessons - this section of the DVD is broken down into three sections:
1. Song Outro Lesson - in this section we go over the outro parts to the song. Learn how to connect from the last verse to the outro licks and learn how the variations work. Lots of punchy power chords and tons of attitude end this song on a high note as you rip through it to this cool ending. Learn all the parts up close and at slow and regular speeds – then tie it all together and you will be playing it in no time!
2. Whole Song Practice Jam Track - in this section you get a great practice exercise of Willie playing the entire song the whole way through. This is a great practice tool as you only hear rhythm guitar as Willie plays the rhythms for the whole song at record tempo with on screen text marking all the parts from start to finish. Here you can tie everything together rhythmically that you have learned to this point. You can use this rhythm track as a jam track to practice the rhythms and get them up to speed, to practice your soloing and improvisation, to tie everything together as you learn song parts, and to practice the solo and licks for the song – what an invaluable practice tool!
3. Five Bonus Lessons - in this section we have five killer bonus lessons. These lessons cover both some cool lead guitar and rhythm guitar techniques and licks. Learn how to make rhythms using certain scales and how to play riffs in the styles of some famous guitar players. Learn some heavy Harmonic Minor Scale rhythms, some killer drop D tuned licks, and some Locrian, Dorian, and Phrygian mode licks and riffs and much more.