Hello Good People David Taub here from Next Level Guitar. Tim and I are really stoked to bring our unique teaching techniques to you in Full Screen DVD format. We break down popular songs and make them simple and fun. With a little practice you can be playing the hits you love just like on the radio. Amaze your family and friends, join a band, have fun, and ROCK ON!
In this two-hour DVD I break down and explain in our easy to digest format the classic song SWEET HOME ALABAMA. This is one of the most requested guitar songs to learn. You asked for it you got it! And man there is a lot of guitar in this song! This is the full on song lesson and when we say full song lesson we mean it. We teach ALL the song parts intro, verses, rhythms, chorus, timing, strumming and strum patterns, embellishments, licks, full guitar solos, and more. Plus in this DVD we show you how to incorporate a metronome into your practice routines. You also learn about string muting techniques so you can mute out all the notes you are not playing and totally clean up your sound. You learn these techniques, and more, and then you can blast them all across all your playing and practicing.
The song is broken down and explained and demonstrated at slow speed and regular speed. We break each section into digestible parts and we get you playing and rocking out in the fastest and most efficient manner. If you are familiar with our teaching methods you know that we take songs sections one at a time and break them down into smaller sections, explaining every piece as we go along. Then we show you how to tie everything together. We also have on screen text, multiple camera angles, and close ups of the picking AND fret hands to make the learning process even easier.
Keep in mind that this DVD is way more than just a song lesson. We help teach guitar by using popular songs as vehicles to get your playing to the next level. Below is the complete DVD menu and synopsis of all the lessons on this DVD feel free to email us any questions and rock on!.
DVD introduction & Chords this menu item is broken down into four sub-sections.
1. Introduction - In this introduction David discusses the lesson format, the chord basis for the song, and how to piece the song together in the fastest and most efficient manner. He also talks about the gear and tuning used in the DVD and how he gets the needed tones. He discusses pickup and amp settings as well as different gain/distortion levels.
2. Chord Library Here David takes you in on a very tight shot on the neck and goes over each chord that you will need to play in the song. You will also see the chord names and fret numbers flash on the screen with our on-screen text. David also teaches you chord playing techniques to get you playing in the fastest and most efficient manner.
3. Guitar intro Here the guitar intro is broken down into digestible pieces lick by lick. You get multi camera angles with the intro and all licks played at regular speed and slow speeds. Camera is then zoomed in on tight shot and David breaks down each lick and explains what notes and frets to play. You see it all up close with a tight shot of both the pick hand and the fret hand. With the tight shot on the pick hand David goes over the strings picked and picking patterns when arpeggiating chords. Its all explained in digestible pieces as per our easy and fast teaching methodology. All along David gives other tips and tricks to make your playing easier.
4. Verse rhythms Here you will learn the two main rhythms in the song. David takes you through each progression, the timing, and all chords and strum patterns. You will learn various strum patterns, and all the licks with both wide and close up camera angles. David breaks everything down at slow and regular speeds and you see all the strum patterns and chords also written in on screen text.
5. Chorus In this section you will learn to play the chorus section two different ways. They change up the chorus a bit but David takes you through all the embellishments. David also teaches the common technique of embellishing with 6th chords. All the strum patterns, string muting, and chucking are covered as well as you will have all the strumming patterns taught with on screen text.
6. Guitar solo In this section you will learn both guitar solos. David goes over in easily understandable pieces every lick and note played in the shorter guitar solo, and the very long second guitar solo. Each lick is broken down and played at slow and regular speeds as well as demonstrated and explained with a tight shot of the neck. David also discusses the theory behind the solos and what scales and mode the leads are mainly taken from. He also teaches what you can play over the chords if you want to improvise a solo when playing with your band or friends so you can trade off licks and leads and know what will sound great over the Sweet Home Alabama chord changes. David also teaches what fingerings work best for fluidity, and how to piece the entire solo together you will learn it all up close and personal every bend, every hammer-on, pull-off, vibrato, as well as every lick is broken down and played at slow speeds!